Published byCharleston Athenaeum Press
- Softcover, 6 x 9"
- Part II is The Right of Secession, documenting and proving that
States had the right to secede from the Union (e.g., Virginia,
New York and Rhode Island specifically reserved the right of secession
before acceding to the Constitution thus giving that right to all the States;
MUCH more solid proof is provided).
- Part III is the famous treatise Lincoln and Fort Sumter
by Charles W. Ramsdell proving with fascinating scholarly detail that
Lincoln deliberately started the war in Charleston Harbor to prevent the
economic collapse of the North, which was well underway.
- Includes "An Annotated Chronology of the Secession Debate in the
South," a narrative day-by-day account of speeches, convention dates, ratification
votes, birth of the Confederate States of America, beginning of the war
and secession of the final Southern States.
- Includes a powerful "Introduction" full of history to kick off the argument,
and "Author's Final Assessment" to conclude it.
- Includes a section devoted to further study: "Additional Resources for the Study
of Southern History and Literature."
- Individual orders shipped USPS Priority 2-3 day shipping
- First thousand copies signed and numbered by the author
- Email notification when your order has shipped
- eBook coming soon
- Individuals who buy the book and the two-DVD set on black Confederates save $10
- BOOK DISCOUNTS for Camps, Chapters, Units and Individuals who want to donate to libraries or schools: 1) Get 10 books for $17 each (regular price is $21.95 each) plus $8 media mail shipping; 2) Get 25 books for $16 each plus $20 media mail shipping.
- 5/5 FUNDRAISING Package for Camps, Chapters and Units: Pay $125, get 5 books and 5 of the two-DVD set on black Confederates – Mixed Up with All the Rebel Horde, Why Black Southerners Fought for the South in the War Between the States – make $234.50. More information is on www.BonnieBluePublishing.com including a video clip. Scroll down to see the two-DVD set. Individuals can also purchase this package for donations.
"Historians used to know - and it was not too long ago - that the War Between the States had more to do with economics than it did with slavery. The current obsession with slavery as the "cause" of the war rests not on evidence but on ideological considerations of the present day. Gene Kizer has provided us with the conclusive case that the invasion of the Southern States by Lincoln and his party (a minority of the American people) was due to an agenda of economic domination and not to some benevolent concern for slaves. This book is rich in evidence and telling quotations and ought to be on every Southern bookshelf."
Clyde N. Wilson
Emeritus Distinguished Professor of History
University of South Carolina
"Gene Kizer persuasively shows how the North fought the South out of necessity to prevent economic collapse. No where else is proof of this motive made clearer with indisputable evidence. Mr. Kizer writes with authority from the desire to tell the truth. His common sense style is the product of honesty. One cannot read his work without concluding that this is a man to be trusted."
James Everett Kibler
Professor of English
University of Georgia
Our Fathers' Fields;
Walking Toward Home;
and many other
OPT OUT: If you have received this e-mail in error, or do not want to receive any others, please accept my apology and reply back with "Remove" in the subject line and I will remove you promptly.